We’re past the halfway point of the 100 Day Project as I write this blog post. 59 days!
So far it’s been really fun for me. Being creative every day…or most every day. Sometimes I fall off the wagon but it’s okay. I didn’t pick a specific art form like watercolor painting or drawing with a pencil. I left it open so I could explore and create based on what I wanted to use that day (colored pencils) or what I had an idea for (basic pencil drawing of feet).
Here’s what I’ve found out about myself during the first half of this challenge:
- This is fun! I’m loving getting back into drawing.
- I’m rusty. Really rusty.
- I like using different mediums whether it be pencil, colored pencil, markers or a combination.
- Having an example to sketch from makes it less stressful for me. I’m honing my skills so having something to look at helps me to concentrate on those skills instead of having to come up with an image too.
- I like to draw something from each day that I want to highlight. For instance, when I noticed my Lilac bush blooming I wanted to draw that because it’s a sign of spring. I started doing that about day 15 or so when I figured out that could be a point of inspiration.
- Figuring out what to draw is easier when I do Monday’s drawing on Tuesday. I can look back at the whole day and see what inspired me or what I want to highlight.
- I’ve decided that I’m going to make a book of all my 100 images using Artifact Uprising. It’ll be a neat memento of the project and easy to do. Just go in there and say I want to pull from my instagram and they should come up in order.
- I like to do my drawing during lunch. It limits my time so that I don’t waste huge amounts of time trying to decide what to do. I just do it.
- Some days I like my drawing and some days I don’t. Some days I have really good ideas and some days I don’t. I’m learning to just let this go and go with the flow.
- I’ve been labeling them with a day or a title.
- Lettering is a go-to for me when I can’t think or decide what to draw.
Here are my favorites: (I was going to limit it to my top 5 but just couldn’t)
Walleye – 33/100
Firetiger – 41/100
Ashton’s feet - 16/100
May the 4th be with You – 29/100
MinionFun – 43/100
theBIGdonut – 44/100
J&B License Plate – 9/100